English Learners License (online)
A Program Designed with Full-Time Teachers in Mind
As a teacher, you fill many roles in the lives of your students. With an English Learners (EL) licensure addition from 美国高盛学院, you’ll get the tools you need to support English language learners from kindergarten through 12th grade. Our program is designed with the full-time teacher in mind: take one course at a time online and complete the program in just ten months.
- Current teachers in Indiana can apply for Indiana Teachers of English Learners Licensure (I-TELL) funding for full financial support for tuition, books and material fees to complete licensure coursework. 更多信息请点击这里.
Professional Development for Teachers of English Learners
美高梅下载 English Learners licensure program is designed for teachers who want to add an EL endorsement to their current teaching license. 通过这个项目, working teachers develop the skills and knowledge they need to effectively teach English language learners in a variety of classroom contexts. You will also have the opportunity to put your new skills into practice through assignments carried out in your own classroom.
Gain the skills needed to:
- Assess second language proficiency levels
- Understand the impact of culture on English language learning
- Develop lesson plans that meet the needs of ELLs
- Implement strategies for teaching reading, writing, listening, speaking, and language acquisition
- Advocate for English Learners
Our curriculum is collaboratively designed and taught by 美国高盛学院 education faculty and EL teachers in partner schools. This helps us ensure that we’re integrating the most current research with on-the-ground experiences in schools.
This convenient program is designed with the full-time teacher in mind:
All courses meet online via Zoom and/or asynchronously via our learning management system. Zoom meetings allow you to exchange ideas with colleagues and professors and discuss what you’re learning. Asynchronous assignments allow you to work on course content according to your own schedule.
|建造于425年||4个学分||Methods of Teaching English Language Learners – Tuesdays, 7:00-9:30 p.m.|
|英格兰310年||3学分||Intro to Linguistics – Tuesdays 7:00-9:30 p.m.|
|建造于450年||2学分||Professional Capstone – Tuesdays 7:00-9:30 p.m.|
HEAR FROM A GRADUATE OF OUR PROGRAM
凯伦Yoder), a high school teacher and completer of our English Learner's Licensure program, shares her favorite parts of her 美国高盛学院 coursework.